Fear not, the perfect gift is easy to find!
So, before I had my own babies I didn’t have a clue what they needed. With a baby shower to attend I probably would have bought some cute (possibly impractical) clothing for the gift… but now I know how helpful it is to get well chosen presents for baby and some lovely treats for the mum (as I know how tiring and over it you get towards the end of a pregnancy!)
While it’s not always easy to choose the perfect baby shower gift, especially if you aren’t a parent yourself, this gift guide will have you sorted. So shop away!
Some basic tips for baby shower buying…
- Find something special for the mama to be so she feels treasured at this very unique time of her life. A nappy bag, pregnancy massage, pedicure or beautiful body product lets her remember that it’s not just all about the baby.
- Finding something that the new baby will keep forever is a lovely gift. A journal that all the special milestones are documented in is a perfect pressie, or a treasured keepsake like a silver engraved gift.
- Classic wooden toys, Sophie the Giraffe (a French icon) or first sensory toys like a rattle in a bright colour will engage even the youngest baby as they start to become aware of the world around them.
- Sleep can be tough for a new mum with an unsettled baby, so a swaddle or new generation sleeping bag is the perfect gift. Remember that easy wash fabrics are the best.
- It’s fun to choose tiny baby clothing – but what’s best? Soft washable onesies that have a wide neck and are easy to put on a wriggly newborn are the perfect wardrobe staple. Fiddly buttons, ties and zippers are uncomfortable and are unsafe so are best avoided. Babies grow fast so don’t just buy newborn size – think of the seasons ahead and look for 3-6 month and 6-9 months too.
Need to plan a perfect baby shower but don’t know where to begin? Here’s how…