From Sweet Lullabies Photography
So, you have just found out you are expecting a baby!
Congratulations! This is not only exciting but also a little overwhelming, with lots to organise and what feels like so little time.
You have most likely started looking at cots, carriers, prams and furniture for your nursery. But what about newborn photography? What do you need to know to get adorable photos of your teeny, tiny tot?
Choosing to capture those first days of your newborns life is wonderful and you’ll be a amazed at how quickly your baby changes and grows, so… Most important remember: The first few weeks of your little ones arrival is going to pass in a flash. Organising your newborn photographer while you are pregnant is always the best idea!
7 Tips for Newborn Photography:
- Newborn photography is best done between 5-10 days of age based on your delivery date. Premature babies are most certainly able to be photographed and professional photographers will base your newborns age by corrected age.
- It’s vital to ensure your photograher is experienced in working with newborn babies. Newborn photography is a skill in itself, and to ensure your baby is safe, it’s always best to work with a photographer who is experienced.
- Mums and dads don’t always want to be included into their newborn baby photography portraits, but it is something to consider. Having family portraits with your newborn can be a really tender keepsake of becoming a mum, whether it is for the first, second, third or more times.
- Ask to meet your photographer before you book in your session. Just like when you booked your wedding photographer, you most likely met prior and discussed your session in detail and ensured the images you were going to have are exactly what you want and that the style they offer is what you would like to capture.
- Siblings: including your older children into your photography session is a nice way to capture the new bond between your older children and your newborn. Not all newborn photographers will offer sibling portraits, so be sure to check ahead of time to organise this.
- Pre-booking your photographer is best done between 20-30 weeks pregnant, this will ensure you will have a session appointment with your choice of photographer prior to your estimated due date.
- Finally: Budget. There is no word of a doubt that welcoming a newborn into the world can be a big investment which can at times mean a very small budget for your newborn photography. When you select your newborn photographer, it is vital you do not select on price alone but of course it’s a great idea to set a budget. Newborn photographers charge anywhere from $500-$3500 depending on their skill set and portfolio.
Note: We’re lucky enough to have Allysha from Sweet Lullabies Photography coming along to The Baby Workshop Melbourne so if you’ve still got any questions you can speak to her in person.
Would you like to WIN a newborn photography session with Sweet Lullabies Photography valued at $1850? Simply see Allysha, the official photographer of the Melbourne Baby Workshop. Allysha will show you how to enter on the day. Click here to find tickets.
If you are in Melbourne and want a sweet reminder of your newborn, then contact Allysha at Sweet Lullabies Photography at www.sweetlullabiesphotography.com.au