I’m so proud to provide expert speakers to my Baby Workshop wonderful mums-to-be, and one of those is Narelle Dwyer. She’s a Midwife and Lactation Consultant, has 30 years of experience up her sleeve and is great at reassuring mums-to-be who are approaching breastfeeding for the first time.
Narelle will be discussing lots of great breastfeeding topics with us all. And while breastfeeding is natural, it sometimes just isn’t as darn easy as we would like. So while we sip on our tea we’ll be chatting about the following bits and pieces to help new mums get the hang of it when baby arrives:
1. What to expect as soon as your baby is born and learning about your first feed.
2. Understanding your milk supply and what your body is producing for your baby.
3. How to establish breastfeeding from the very first day.
4. Positioning the baby on your breast and correct attachment (super important for successful feeding!)
5. A few common problems and how you can overcome them.
6. Breastfeeding and getting back to work or special events
So much valuable information to get breastfeeding off to a great start!
There’ll be time to ask questions and chat with Narelle one on one. It’s our aim to send you home feeling confident, knowing what to expect with your own body, plus armed with tips for making it all a little easier.
Remember, places are limited! You’ll find all the details and a link to book tickets here.